Thursday, September 07, 2006

Guitar


Guitar
Originally uploaded by Callooh.
strumming

you know those
lost-love-poems
the kind we always hated
well
they've brought you back
again
from where
you-were-oh-so-carefully,
tucked away

and now ~
I hear again
your guitar fingers
strumming
lazy on those strings ~
in my 70's hand-me-down-chair

your guitar fingers
that made me -
just made me
~ sit ~
pretending
pretending
to get ready
all the while
my eyes closed,
~ listening ~
as your strumming
drifted into me...
becoming me

I never told you that.
you must have
thought
I took
f o r e v e r
to get dressed

It didn't last
but for those years
I was alive

and sometimes
when I’m
getting dressed
I’ll just sit
and close my eyes
so I can hear
your lazy
strumming
just
one more time…

oh, damn
those lost love poems
damn

No comments: