Thursday, August 16, 2012

you probably think this poem is about you

Dear Public,

My mother said in her last email said I should write a poem for you,  so thanks to my brilliant friend David who started this with his parody-

"Multigrain. It’s probably not your favorite health food
Multigrain, I’ll bet you really hate eating health food
Don’t you, Don’t you, Don’t you"

I've stolen his concept and run with it here. I think she meant a poem about my own selfish nature and failings, but I'm writing blog about that because there are too many failings to put in anything but an epic poem, and I don't have that skill set, also I don't wanna write an epic poem.

So I've done a parody of a song that David just did a parody of (but this is not a parody of David's parody, just to be clear), a song I never liked, and now I have it earwormed firmly in my brain, and will likely be driven slightly more mad by it, which should not make much overall difference in my outward behaviour.

This will likely get me permanently disinherited, and leave me and my children living in poverty the rest of my life (as predicted) but since I going to end up that way anyhow, I might as well have some fun with it.


So, damn the torpedoes and here you go Public. Enjoy (or become enraged whatever suits you):

My mother, you probably think this poem is about you
My mother, I'll bet you think this  poem  is about you
Don't you. Don't you.

You had me many years ago when you were still quite naive
Well you said that I had such pretty hair
And that you never meant to conceive
But you gave away the things you loved and one of them was me
We had some fun, but that went away when you got a husband and 
I got too saucy, I got too saucy and...

My mother, you probably think this  poem is about you
My mother, I'll bet you think this poem is about you
Don't you. Don't you.
 
Well I hear you went down to Florida and enjoyed your time in the sun
That you had no space or time for us
To visit and have some fun
Well you do what you should all the time
And when I don't, you tell
Me I am a failure, that I am a failure and...

My mother, you probably think this poem is about you
My mother, I'll bet you think this poem is about you
Don't you. Don't you. Don't you....






 - Poets, they will seriously mess with your head.

No comments: